Register today to the ALTERPAVE project demonstration workshop
Event entitled Promotion of sustainable materials and circular economy in road construction
The workshop is organised in Carpiano (near Milan, Italy) on 27th February within the framework of the ERA-NET Plus Infravation programme to promote a more environmentally-friendly road sector. In this context, the ALTERPAVE project aims to promote circular economy by demonstrating the technical and economic feasibility of replacing virgin aggregates and petroleum-based binders by alternative solutions (recycled materials and by-products). Concretely, the workshop will discuss the following technical elements:
- Use of RAP, by-products and binder rejuvenating agents for the development of eco-friendly and cost-efficient asphalt mixes.
- Promotion of the Circular Economy approach that helps to move towards a more resource-efficient economy.
- Technical validation in laboratory, with ALF and through the construction of a real test track
- Assessment of recyclability and use of smart labelling solution.
- Environmental and economic validation of the technology through a LCA and LCC
- Globally-oriented Supply Management Plan and GIS-based application.