Infravation Forum Session FS2 at IALCCE 2016 and International Market Event for Infravation innovation projects - 18-19th October 2016
The Fifth International Symposium on Life -Cycle Civil Engineering (IALCCE2016) , which took place from 16-19th October, brought world experts together to share recent progress and formulate future directions to life-cycle civil engineering. The programme included an Infravation forum session on the afternoon of Tuesday 18th October in Delft, the Netherlands. The forum, entitled "Infravation: advancing infrastructure innovations through transnational collaboration", featured members of the Infravation Management Group and the nine Infravation innovation Project Coordinators.
Peter Wilbers, Coordinator of the Infravation programme from Rijkswaterstaat, gave a welcome and brief overview and he was followed by a short pitch byfive of the nine project Coordinators: HEALROAD by Daniel Castro-Fresno, Full Professor, University of Cantabria, FASSTBRIDGE by María Zalbide, Project Manager, TECNALIA, SHAPE by Andrea Benedetti, University of Bologna, Italy, SUREBRIDGE by Reza Haghani, Associate Professor, Chalmers University of Technology and SEACON by Federica Lollini, Assistant professor,Politecnico di Milano.
Thierry Goger, FEHRL Secretary-General, led the ensuing lively forum discussion which focused on innovations, outcomes and implementation. This included three Project Coordinators - Daniel Castro-Fresno, Full Professor, University of Cantabria (ALTERPAVE), Emmanuel Chailleux, Researcher, IFSTTAR (BIOREPAVATION) and Narayanan Neithalath, Professor, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (ECLIPS). He was joined by three high-level representatives from National Road Authorities - Kjersti Kvalheim of NPRA, Katharine Petros of FHWA and Ruud Smit of Rijkswaterstaat.
As well as this Infravation IALCCE 2016 forum session, an Infravation Steering Group meeting was held in the morning of Tuesday 18th October and a meeting of the Scientific Panel and the coordinators of the research projects in the morning of Wednesday 19th October at a venue very close to the IALCCE conference. And a special side event to IALCCE 2016 was be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 19th October called the "International Market Event - Infravation innovation projects".
At the International Market Event for more than 100 mostly Dutch road infrastructure experts, Jean Luc Beguin, member of the Executive board for Rijkswaterstaat and Chief Engineer/Director Programmes, projects and Maintenance, gave a welcome and brief overview and he was followed by a short pitch by eight of the nine project Coordinators (SEEBRIDGE was unforunately not able to attend either event):
ALTERPAVE by Daniel Castro-Fresno, Full Professor, University of Cantabria, BIOREPAVATION by Emmanuel Chailleux, Researcher, IFSTTAR, ECLIPS by Narayanan Neithalath, Professor, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, FASSTBRIDGE by María Zalbide, Project Manager, TECNALIA, HEALROAD by Daniel Castro-Fresno, SHAPE by Andrea Benedetti, University of Bologna, Italy, SUREBRIDGE by Reza Haghani, Associate Professor, Chalmers University of Technology, SEACON by Federica Lollini, Assistant professor,Politecnico di Milano.
Tuesday 18th October
Wednesday 19th October
Other Infravation events
TRA2016 - 18th-21st April 2016
Infravation featured at the CEDR pavillion at TRA2016, as well as in the following relevant events:
- Monday 18th April 2016 (16.45-18.00) - EC Special Session IME1: International Cooperation: Experiences and Open Opportunities, location Business Club A (Infravation in panel session)
- Wednesday 20th April (8.30-9.45) - Invited session IWM1: Moving forward: the opportunities and challenges for transnational road research, location London C (presentation Infravation + in panel session)
- Wednesday 20th April (lunch break) - Informal get together with Infravation network
Joint project kick-off meeting – 12-13th November 2015
This took place for some 50 people in Brussels, Belgium. The meeting included dynamic keynote speakers from the Infravation Steering Group and the European Commission who outlined the background and context to the Call, as well as an introduction by project coordinators of each of the selected projects per challenge. The key areas of Dissemination and Implementation were also presented and discussed by members of the Infravation Management Group and other key stakeholders in a panel discussion. More details will be made available here shortly. Click here for all the presentations and other key documents such as the agenda and participation list.
FEHRL Infrastructure Research Meeting 2015 (FIRM15) – 22nd-23rd April 2015
Infravation featured as a stand at the mini-expo at the FEHRL Infrastructure Research Meeting 2015 (FIRM15) and as references many times during the programme.
Transport Research Arena conference (TRA2014) – 14-17th April 2014
Infravation 2014 Call Information and brokerage event – 20th March 2014
- List of Registered Participants
- Welcome and Introduction, Peter Wilbers, Rijkswaterstaat, ERA NET Plus Infravation Coordinator
- A National Funding Provider’s View on the Infravation Initiative, Marina Martinez-Garcia, CDTI
- EC Views on the Issue of Road Infrastructure Innovation, William Bird, European Commission, DG RTD/H2
- Thematic Scope of the Infravation ERA-NET Plus 2014 Call, Johan Jonsson, Trafikverket, Infravation Scoping Team
- Proposal Preparation and Submission, Miriam Stephan and David Doerr, Infravation Call Secretariat
In written form using templates specially designed for this purpose. Ideas submitted prior to the event were displayed on pin boards for all participants to read. All of the forms submitted are now available for download on the ETNA Plus Partner Search Platform at the following address: http://www.transport-ncps.net/services/partner-search/infravation.html
In the form of a brief oral presentation. A total of 19 presentations were given. A list of the presentations and the corresponding slides can be downloaded here:
Photos taken at the event can be viewed here.
- 3rd April 2014: French information meeting
- 1st April 2014: Spanish workshop (PTEC/CDTI)
- 28th March 2014: Second FHWA web conference
- 10th March 2014: Rijkswaterstaat information meeting
- 3rd March 2014: Second Israel brokerage event
- 27th February 2014: First FHWA web conference
- 12th January 2014: Infravation meeting with FHWA at TRB 2014
- 24th October 2013: NPRA Infravation event in Trondheim
- 4-6th June 2013: FEHRL organised the Road Infrastructure Innovation Expo in parallel with the FEHRL Infrastructure Research Meeting 2013 (FIRM13).